Sweet and Savory Holiday Food Gift Ideas
Thrill anyone with these delicious treats
There's nothing quite as welcome as a decadent food gift, whether sweet or savory. Try one of these gift ideas to please the foodie on your list. There's something for everyone, from snowman cake pops, to chocolate-covered strawberries, American Kobe beef and blood orange olive oil.
Shari's Berries offers the gourmet dipped strawberries that it's famous for, and more, including brand new cake truffles. We love that everything comes carefully packaged and arrives in pristine condition on your doorstep:
- Gourmet Dipped Christmas Strawberries - Strawberries dipped in milk, dark or white and topped with red & white swizzles, chocolate chips or Christmas sprinkles
- Assorted Cake Truffles - From sweet and salty lovers to chocolate and vanilla purists, this gift truly has something for every taste. The bite-sized collection is great for sharing, featuring flavors like caramel and sea salt, peanut butter, cookie dough and classic red velvet.
- Handmade Snowmen Brownie Pops - A gift of fudgy snowman brownie pops dressed in hats, scarfs and earmuffs made of red piping and shimmer sugar. Cheerful and artfully decorated, they're almost too cute to eat.
- Christmas Caramel Pretzel Rods - This is the perfect Christmas gift for the sweet and salty lover in your life. Our holiday pretzels have everything they love: salty pretzels covered in caramel and milk chocolate and then decorated with Christmas swizzles and more treats.
The Snake River Farms Crown Roast is a spectacular holiday meal. Cut from a 10 to 12 bone pork rack, this beautiful roast is trimmed to leave the bones exposed for an impressive presentation. The crown roast can be filled with a favorite stuffing for a special touch. This is a Kurobuta or 100% Berkshire pork product and has the signature deep red color, with fine marbling and delicious juicy flavor. Start a new holiday tradition in your household.
The new We Olive & Wine Bar location in San Juan Capistrano, Calif., carries a variety of gift collections. Our favorites include:
- The Olive Oil & Vinegar Experience Sampler Gift Box: This sampler comes with a 2 oz bottle of each of the following : Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Flavored Olive Oil, Organic Meyer Lemon Flavored Olive Oil, Traditional Aged Balsamic Vinegar, and Peach White Balsamic Vinegar.
- Essentials Gift Box: This box is a little collection of We Olive essentials. You'll find the Olive Collection Aged Balsamic, 375mL We Olive Collection Arbequina Olive Oil, a delicious Parmesan Asiago Dip, the always tasty Black Olive Tapenade and a We Olive Dipping Dish.
- Taste of We Olive Gift Basket: This basket is packed with Spicy Green Olive Tapenade, Black Olive Tapenade, We Olive's Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, We Olive Balsamic Vinegar, We Olive Arbequina Extra-Virgin Olive Oil and We Olive Blood Orange Olive Oil.
Robin Chocolates, which was recently named one of the top 10 chocolate makers in North America by Dessert Professional
magazine, makes artisan chocolates that are beautiful and delicious and make a perfect gift for any chocolate lover.
Try one of their out-of-the-ordinary holiday themed flavors such as Cranberry Vodka Lime, Gingerbread Molasses, and Spiked Eggnog.
Snake River Farms is the premier producer of American Kobe (Wagyu) steaks and roasts. The beef is coveted by award-winning chefs and is served in top rated restaurants throughout the world. Serve a boneless rime rib roast for your holiday dinner and guests will love the buttery texture, complex flavors, subtle sweetness and a lingering finish.
You can't go wrong with any of Moonstruck's handcrafted chocolates:
- Fortunato No. 4 Dark Chocolate Bar with Nibs: This strawberry basil chocolate bar is the simple and elegant choice for a stocking stuffer. With incomparable notes and flavor, this bar is the ideal gift for the purist seeking perfection with a little bit of edge.
- Bark Bars: No ordinary chocolate bars, these sweets bring new flavors and fusions. Strawberry, fennel, raspberry, basil, and hibiscus are just some of the ingredients Chocolatier Julian Rose has brought to the table. Vibrant and colorful, these are perfect for placing by the fireplace for Santa or enjoying with family.
- Penguin Truffles: The Penguin Truffles are back and looking festive in their dark and milk chocolate tuxedos with hand-decorated accessories. Filled with dark and milk chocolate ganache, these sharp birds know how to make a statement.
- Mr. & Mrs. Claus Truffles: Santa is filled with creamy milk chocolate ganache, and a center of milk chocolate toffee ganache explains Mrs. Claus's sweet disposition. The mister and missus are dipped in ivory chocolate and decorated individually.
- Oregon Distillers Collection: Chocolate is chocolate is chocolate. But is it still chocolate if you pack it full of liqueur and spirits and stamp it 21+ only? This 12-piece spirit collection highlights the best of Oregon including Oregon Pear Brandy, Aviation Gin, Dead Guy Whiskey, Wild Card Absinth and Marionberry Vodka to liven up any party.
Everyone loves cookies and brownies during the holidays, so pick a gift basket from Dancing Deer, which makes all of its products in small, handcrafted batches:
- Deer Classics Gift Basket - Each seagrass basket contains 24 cookies: eight each of the award-winning Molasses Clove, Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Orange cookies, along with eight brownies: four each of the famous Chocolate Chunk and Peanut Butter brownies.
- Classic Two-Tier Holiday Cookie Tower - There are more than 50 cookies in this tower. Unwrap to find Gingerbread Folk, Peppermint Trees, Espresso Chocolate Chip, Apple Pie Rounds, and Chocolate Sea Salt Stars.
- Holiday Favorites Gift Basket - This rich burgundy natural seagrass basket is packed with 16 scratch-baked cookies and brownies for the holidays. “America's Best” Chocolate Chunk brownies simply melt in your mouth and who can resist soft, cinnamon, Snickerdoodle cookies.
Ever wished you had exactly the right nut to pair with a specific beer or cocktail? Nuts for Drinks is the answer, with flavored nuts to accompany any drink, whether an IPA, stout beer, margarita, wheat ale or martini.
The Chocolate Dip Delights Snowman Sweetness Cake Pops are packed with personality and look almost too good to eat (almost!). They are made with chocolate and vanilla cake and covered in 100% real dark, milk and white chocolate coating, buts it's the decorations that bring them to life.
Everyone loves the idea of someone else doing most of the work when it comes to meal prep and planning. Give the gift that any busy parent or hostess will appreciate and let Home Chef do the shopping, meal
planning and menu curation for them and deliver fresh ingredients right to their door.
Home Chef caters to every individual preference (gluten free, Paleo, vegan,
allergy, etc.) and costs only $9.95 per serving.
Bauli Il Panettone di Milano is the traditional and most famous Italian holiday cake. Created in the 20th century in Milan, Panettone has become a popular addition to the Christmas table in many countries. Better than your grandma's fruitcake, this sweetened bread is loaded with the perfect amount of candied citron, lemon zest and raisins and often paired with hot cocoa or liquor for a sweet Christmas treat. Available at retailers, including Fairway, Whole Foods and Duane Reade stores nationwide.
Round Pond Estate, located in the heart of Napa Valley, specializes in wine as well as delicious estate olive oils, syrups and vinegars. A favorite is the Blood Orange Estate Olive Oil, which is made from olives grown on the estate and milled with the rinds of ripe blood oranges for a delightful fresh oil that is terrific drizzled on fresh fish or salads. Also gift-worthy is the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, the Garlic-Infused and the Basil-Infused.